5.03.2008

Sacramento Here We Come!



Brad and I are now in sunny California for the next 4 months. We had a pretty fun time getting here, even though we each drove a car so we were alone the whole time. The first day was a cinch. The time just flew by. Instead of leaving Logan and and going down thru SLC, we went straight west and cut across the farm land. On one stretch of road we went almost 200 miles and only saw about 7 other cars and about 20 farm houses. I was so nervous we'd run out of gas before the next station. But low-and-behold we finally saw this...
One lone little gas station (it was also the front desk for a little motel next door that reminded me of the one in Pycho). The pumps were so old that the owner had to put gas at $2.02 a gallon on the pump and then charge double. I guess in the 50's they never envisioned gas would get over $4 a gallon.
The second day was a little bit harder. I'm not a huge fan of driving out of Tahoe (people push you to drive too fast and I don't like that). But then I saw hope...about 15 minutes out of the mountains was what Brad said was the exit to our apartments. He was wrong. 45 minutes later, after brad finally admitted he was lost and asked for directions, we finally pulled up to our new house. You can bet Brad heard about that one. It's so pretty here and I'm sure the next few months are going to be a fun adventure.

3 comments:

Traci said...

I think that is the ghetto-est gas station I've ever seen! I'm glad you got there safe.

Cali said...

I wanna know how it's going! Post pictures of the place or something. Is brad liking it so far? I'm excited to hear the update. How are you feeling? Looks like I'm having our baby in 2 weeks! No complaints here, except for the best rest part until the two weeks is up!

Shmacque said...

I love Goose Girl!! I was just reading stuff by C.S. Lewis!! I loved Letters to Children... Have you read them? We need to talk Books!