12.17.2008

Holiday Season



The past couple days if been trying to focus more on the true meaning of Christmas. It has always been one of my hopes that I won't have any Santa decorations in my home, but that I will fill it with Nativities. The story of the Saviors birth is such a tender one. I have always loved it. I am so thankful for those me that kept record and made it available to the world. It's my goal for this new year to read the New Testament.

I know that that Jesus is the Christ. That He is the true son of a mortal mother and our Heavenly Father. I know that His birth is a miracle and that it is the event prophesied of in the Old Testament. I know that He lead a perfect life as an example to us. I also know that through His atonement and death we will all be forgiven and saved. I know that though He died He still lives; that I will be able to join Him some day. I am so grateful for Him and for the sure witness I have received of the truthfulness of his Gospel.

4 comments:

'Cembers Thoughts said...

hey there, i agree about the decorations. we have two beautiful nativities up, one of mary, joseph and jesus, the other is a little more modern but the individual pieces have scriptures written on them. i think as our kids get older we'll do a little nativity advent with them, put out a piece and night, and read the scriptures and discuss their part in the story. i say no to santas. we even have a linus tree ornament that recites the christmas story, it's adorable and really the meaning of the whole season.

Kristin Wilkerson Photography said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony!

Tara Hoppie said...

Love your Testimony. Thanks for sharing it. You are one awesome person!

Kallee said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony Missy! I'm sorry I didn't get to come to the door with Clayton the other night. I was to lazy to get the kids out of the car!! I hope everything is going well for you and Brad! Please call us if there is anything we can do. We never hear from you:)!!

I love the famiy pictures, Abbi is so dang cute!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!