2.26.2009

What I've been up to



Since I was blessed with the best natured baby in, I'd say, the whole world I have a lot of time on my hands (she just sleeps and wants to play by herself most of the time). With that time I've been catching up on my scrapbooking...digitally. I've never done it that way before, but I was really behind and it's so much faster this way. My friend introduced me to Blurb Books and another showed me how to do some basic stuff on my Photoshop Elements. I'm addicted! I finished my family album for 2008, got about half finished with Abbi's 2008, and started the family 2009 in the past 2 weeks. I'm doing the family albums really basic with no cutsie stuff, but I'm doing a little more on Abbis. I love it. Here's a preview. I'll give an update when the books get shipped to me. (first two are boring family album, rest are Abbi's pretty album)


P.S.- I need some input. Do you think I should do more journaling on Abbi's album. Right now it hardly has any but I could add it in pretty easy.

7 comments:

Cali said...

Good Job Missy! You're catching on so fast! I can't believe you've gotten so much done in the last couple weeks! I've done some fun pages of Addie when I was first learning that I should get to you somehow to give you a couple more ideas. Fun stuff, eh? You're doing great! I added a little more journaling on Addie's pages, but just things like what she was doing at each month. (ie.. you started sitting up by yourself this month and can drink out of a sippy cup!) Things like that..

The cute Polka Dot dress in Addie's picture I found at.. you might want to sit down.. WalMart. Seriously. For $6. And I love it.

Today I was trying to de-clutter Addie's room and I found a thank you card to you (and a bunch of other people) from my baby shower. I'm just a flake. So- thank you for that cute dress. We loved it. Sorry I didn't get that to you.

This is the world's longest comment- but I wanted to let you know that Bry and I had so much fun the other night! We seriously keep talking about how much we BOTH love all of you guys and can't wait to hang out again. Thanks for helping me get it together!

Cali said...

Oh yeah- and check out http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/

she's got all sorts of information on Photoshop- as well as photography in general. And she has free actions.. which are AWESOME.. and I'll help you figure it out if you need it.. I spend HOURS reading all there is to read on this site! I also love Jessica Sprague site.. I want to take all her classes! Don't you?

melanie said...

Missy, your pages look great! I love the "motherhood" one. I love the pages without journaling. They let the pictures speak the words. For Mia's scrapbook I've made one page for each of the first 12 months where I added tons of journaling on all of her amazing achievements and then on all the rest of her pages I mainly let the pictures speak the words. I ALWAYS add the date of the photograph and how old the child is in a super cute font. Just because years down the road I tend to forget. Here is a link to some super cute free fonts. She can even make your handwriting into a font!

scrapbook fonts

Heather said...

I just got done looking at all your pictures....Abigail she is SO CUTE!!!!! its crazy how fast they grow!!!

Brian and Kristy said...

I love the picture of the week. So cute! I love that girl.

Tara Hoppie said...

Beautiful. They don't need journaling, but you might appreciate it later in life if you decide to add some. I love every page.

Sarah Sidwell said...

Those are so cute!!! You will have to show me that program. I am totally interested.