8.24.2009

Once Brad joined the group we set off for Upstate New York. Our first stop on the way to Palmyra was Niagara Falls. It was AWESOME! We did a tour called "The Maid of the Mist." It was a boat ride right up to the falls. As they passed out little rain coats to everyone (Abbi even got her one tiny one) I was skeptical that we would be getting wet enough to warrant a rain coat. But as soon as we hit the "mist" I was extremely thankful. It was like the worst rain storm I had ever been in. Abbi and my 2 year old nephew Mitchell were terrified, while the 7 year olds Emily and Josh danced and sang. It was amazing.

Sue's cute family before we hit the water.

Our little family with my daddy.

Mitchell pointing to the "mist" in terror.

Finally happy as floating away from the falls.

One of my favorite pics from the trip. So cute!

Sue's kids after the boat ride. You can't really tell, but they were dripping wet.

View of the falls from the observation desk.

This is other boat emerging from the mist after us.

1 comments:

Traci said...

I've been on the Maid of the Mist!! I even have part of the poncho in my scrapbook! :)