2.14.2011

A Bitter Sweet Week



We had a sad, but sweet week last week.  On the afternoon of Sunday, February 6 my Grandma McFarlin passed away.  She was 89 years old and had been suffering from Alzheimers, so it was a sweet thing.  We had a lot of family fly and drive out for the funeral which was this past Thursday.  Here are a few of the pictures from her internment services in Mt. Pleasant Utah.

Photobucket
Uncle Terry & Aunt Ann


Photobucket
Uncle Scott & Aunt Diane & family


Photobucket
There was a park across the street. This is Abbi telling me it's ok for her to go as she walks away.


Photobucket
Pall Bearers


Photobucket
Grandpa & Uncle Dane


Photobucket
After the dedicatory prayer.


Photobucket
Grandpa with the funeral director.


Photobucket
Beautiful casket for a beautiful woman.


Photobucket
Cousin James


Photobucket
Grandpa, Uncle Scott & the Winkelman cousins.


Photobucket
Flower arrangement.


Photobucket
Grandpa with the Winkelman cousins.


Photobucket
Sue and cousin Amber.

2 comments:

Kino Force of Freedom said...

Thank you for these pictures! Wish we could have been there too.

Tara Hoppie said...

I wish I had known, I would have been there for sure. I remember her, I spoke with her several times at your parents home over the years. The last time I remember seeing her was in the sealing room at your wedding. Thanks for sharing the pictures, they are beautiful. Love you.