7.07.2011

Our 4th of July & My New Do



Our 4th of July weekend started with a drastic change to my appearance...

Remember about a month ago I wanted to get my hair cut so bad!  Not a trim, but a cut.  This is the style I was thinking about.  Remember?


Well, I totally chickened out.  Then, on Friday night as I was looking through my google reader I came across this post.  It's a guest post that Ellie G from Less Cake {more frosting} did for Hair Week over at I am Momma Hear Me Roar.  It's all about short hair styles and I loved them all!

That night I dreamed of short hair cuts.  Everyone had them - even me - and I LOVED it!  The second I woke up I called my nearest salon and got the first appointment.  I was going to take advantage of the love I still had for my dream hair while I could.  I didn't want to chicken out again.

I went in like this {I forgot to take a before picture, so here is the most recent picture I had of my hair down - we're at the zoo}.  It's the longest it's been since I was 16!


Two hours later I walked out like this...


I just let the stylist do what she wanted.  She went darker {with blond and red peek-a-boo streaks in the front} and almost as short as I wanted. I think she got freaked out and thought I would hate her if she really went as short and I told her...like I didn't know what I was thinking, but I totally love it!

Our fun continued on Sunday, when our new neighbors invited us over for some dinner.  He made us the most AMAZING smoked brisket and pork ribs I've ever had.  It was sooo good!  I mean look at it!

And I just wanted to throw in this picture of Abbi that Brad took during dinner cuz I love it.  She's so cute!

To end the weekend off we had some homemade cheesecake {super yum, but I forgot a picture of it} than we sat on the cars in our driveway and watched the fireworks they were shooting at our local high school.  We had a great view and the kids LOVED it.

All in all it was a great weekend! 

2 comments:

Danielle Hirschi said...

I love your hair! Wow, that is so adorable! I love you missy!

Cari said...

I am so glad you didn't get a pic of that cheesecake. Seriously, I think it was the worst one I have EVER made.