10.13.2009

Well,



Since I failed that cross-stitch (I still haven't even looked at it since I found the mistake. I'm going to just have to rip out the messed up side), I thought I would post a craft I feel was a success.

I decided that we needed something for our porch. So, between the Saturday conference sessions a few weeks ago our little family went and bought some pumpkins. It was such a blast. Brad, of course, got the biggest one they had. I got 4 little baby ones, and 3 that are in graduated sizes.

That is where my craft comes in. I had seen people do these really cute topiary with fake pumpkins. I wasn't about to go buy 3 fake ones when we just bought a plethora of real ones for the price of one fake one so I decided to risk it with the real ones.

I pulled out my handy white spray paint and painted the middle sized pumpkin white, then a put a gold glaze on all three. I finished it off with a cute little fall sprig on top and stacked them in a flower pot. They aren't attached to each other in anyway so I find myself checking on them every morning and night to make sure they're still whole.

I was pretty happy with it...until today. I checked it this morning and decided something was missing. So I got out my gold paint and free-handed an H on there. I love monograms and I think it looks so much better. How bout you?

And since I know you all just check this blog to see Abbi here's a little picture. She tried to get herself dressed yesterday while I was eating breakfast. She's a total girl. Whenever she chooses her clothes it's always a dress.

6 comments:

Sue said...

So, so, so cute.

~H said...

What a cute idea! I like it more with the H as well! Very pretty and festive!

Shmacque said...

Totally great with the H!! Also Abby Has STYLE!!

Sarah Sidwell said...

LOVE the pumpkin idea!! It looks great!

Meags.... said...

YAY! Miss! SO cute! Oh, how I wish we lived closer....I'll come up and maybe we can get together with all out pest friends?!?!?

Meags.... said...

I meant our...